I really love Instagram, I do. For many reasons, but usually because I find the coolest things. I was scrolling one day and came upon a page called GoScratchIt and on their page is a bunch of dope nails. I thought that these were painted nails, but then I clicked on the website in their bio. When I was on the website I noticed that they are actually nail wraps that you put over you nails. They had sooooo many designs. I haven't been getting my nails done because I just don't have the time. I usually get acrylics because I think manicures are a waste of time (they always chip the next day for me, ugh). I hate painting my nails at home because I never let them dry long enough and then next thing you know, I have scuffs all over them so I thought this would be worth a try. I loved all the designs so it was super hard to pick which one I wanted. I also noticed that you can subscribe monthly for $10 a month and they send a new one each month. Since it was my first time trying them I decided to just purchase one. I bought the beach deco one. Well when I received it, I had to do it right away. So below is my little mini tutorial.
Reasons why I'm loving this (and some tips)
1. So this was super easy and it took me about 5 minutes!
2. I didn't have to wait for anything to dry (WIN) I did apply a clear top coat but it's not actual nail polish so I didn't have to wait for it to dry.
3. The design is so pretty!
4. I'm a mom, who just doesn't have the time or patience to do my nails, but this has changed the game (I feel like a woman again, lol)
5. Even if you're not a mom and you just don't have the time, patience, or just like easy.. well then you should definitely try this!
1. I kept ripping mine (ugh) but I think it's because the corners of my nails were too sharp, so file them down before you do it.
2. There's 2 layers to peel off to get to the wrap (it took me a minute to figure that out)
3. I actually cut my nails after I put them on to make it look more clean.
This is what it comes with, your 16 wraps, a nail filer, and a wooden pick
This is a closer look at the wraps, so you can see they give you a ton of variety.
Once you take off BOTH plastic parts, you put the wrap on your nail from cuticle to the top. Then you fold it over the top of your nail and use the nail filer to remove the excess wrap.
And then BAM! You have pretty nails :)